PARISH ADVENT RETREAT
The Ignatian Retreat in Daily Life is a prayer journey for those who want to live more deeply in relationship with God, to discover or find again the value of prayer, to encounter the God who loves you, and perhaps to get help with a decision you need to make.
This Advent, Gardiner Street Parish is offering a week of retreat in daily life.
The starting meeting will take place on Saturday 5th of December in St. Francis Xavier’s Church, followed by daily check in with your retreat guide (in person or online). Ends with Mass on Saturday 11th December at 6 pm.
For more information or booking a place, please phone
01 8363411 or email email@example.com.
VISITATION FOR HOLY COMMUNION
Extraordinary Ministers of Holy Communion are available to visit the sick that are home-bound or those who cannot attend Mass in person. If you would like to have Holy Communion given to a loved one residing in the Parish, please phone (01) 8363411 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
COLLECTIONS Last week Collection: Church € 509 Share
All contributions are gratefully accepted, and the donors are remembered in our prayers.
From the 28th November Mass times will be as follows:
Mon-Friday: 11.00 & 13.00
Saturday: 11.00, 13.00 & 18.00 (Sunday Vigil Mass)
Sunday: 9.15, 11.00, 12.30 & 19.30 (Gospel Choir Mass)
Evening Mass on Holy Days (Please check on our website or Parish Bulletin).
Remembering. The choirs associated with the Pro-Cathedral present a series of four Sunday lunchtime performances singing a varied and wide-range of choral music. At each performance, those lost during the Covid period will be remembered in a special way.
November 21st and 28th all at 1.15pm
Admission is free.
AWARE – SUPPORT & SELF CARE GROUPS
If you, or those with whom you work wish to connect with people in relation to your mental wellbeing, please consider using the Phone in and Zoom Support & Self Care Groups, the Support Line or Support Mail, now and throughout the holiday season. These services provide support, coping skills and information – and most importantly help people who are in distress to know and feel that they are not alone in their experience. For more information about the groups https://www.aware.ie/support/support-groups/ and all of our services on www.aware.ie
Would you like to help minister during the Sacred Liturgy?
Gardiner Street Parish is looking for ministers of the Eucharistic, Ministers of the Word and stewards.
Please contact Sonia (01 8363411)
HELP US KEEP ST. FRANCIS XAVIER’S CHURCH A SAFE PLACE FOR ALL
- If you feel unwell with symptoms of COVID-19 (e.g. cough, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, high temperature) please do not visit the Church.
- Please do your best to respect physical distancing and not to block doors when entering and leaving the Church.
- Sanitize your hands-on entry. Remember that hand sanitizer can be flammable, so ensure that your hands are completely dry before lighting candles.
- The practice of shaking hands on greeting and departure at religious services/ gatherings is suspended for both religious leaders/clergy and laity.
- For Holy Communion please queue in the central aisle and maintain physical distancing while queuing.
- Holy Communion will be administered into the hands only.
- Please wear face masks while in the Church.
Thanks for your understanding and cooperation.