The limit of 50 people who may gather indoors at one time remains in place until further notice. This limit applies for any religious gathering, including funerals.
Confessions: Tuesday, Thursday & Saturday after 11.00 am Mass In the Bethany Room. Please queue in Pope Francis Corridor keeping a safe distance of two metres.
The obligation to attend Mass on Sundays remains suspended. We encourage parishioners who are in position to attend Mass on a weekday instead of on Sunday, to do so at least for the time being.
Blessed John Sullivan Monthly Mass still cancelled until further notice. The Sanctuary will be open for prayer and lighting candles but only 5 people at a time will be let in the area. Please be as brief as you can in order to allow others to visit and pray beside the Blessed John Sullivan Tomb and the Sacred Heart of Jesus Shrine.
The following protocols were set to minimize the risks of contagion in the Church. We would appreciate strict adherence to these protocols for your own safety and out of respect for others.
- PEOPLE WHO ARE ILL SHOULD NOT ATTEND RELIGIOUS SERVICES. f you feel unwell with symptoms of COVID-19 (e.g. cough, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, high temperature) please do not visit the Church.
- We strongly encourage people over 70, with underlying conditions or with symptoms of Covid-19 to watch Sunday Mass on live streaming. In case you wish to have Holy Communion brought to you please call 01 836 34 11 during work hours.
- Please do your best to respect physical distancing and not to block doors when entering and leaving the Church.
- Sanitize your hands on entry. Sanitation stations are placed at the entrances of the Church and of the Parish Shop. Remember that hand sanitizer can be flammable, so ensure that your hands are completely dry before lighting candles.
- The practice of shaking hands on greeting and departure at religious services/ gatherings is suspended for both religious leaders/clergy and laity.
- For Holy communion please queue in the central aisle and maintain physical distancing while queuing. Please wait in the spots marked on the floor until the person ahead of you moves forward.
Holy Communion will be administered into the hands only and NOT onto the tongue.
- Respiratory Hygiene: Cover your mouth and nose with a clean tissue when you cough and sneeze and then promptly dispose of the tissue in a bin and wash your hands. If you don’t have a tissue, cough, or sneeze into the bend of your elbow instead, not into your hands.
- It is advisable to wear face masks while in the Church.
- Please leave pews by left hand side and exit through central doors only. We would appreciate that you leave the Church promptly after Mass because doors will be closed after each Mass in order to sanitize the Church.
Thanks for your understanding and cooperation
COLLECTIONS Last week Collection: Church € 405 Share € 175
Thanks to all who have donated to the Church through our website. Your generous contributions help in the running expenses of the Church and are greatly appreciated, especially in this hard time.
You can know donate online in three easy steps. For more details visit our website and click the red DONATE button.
POPE’S PRAYER INTENTION FOR JULY: that families be loved, respected, guided
In his prayer intention for the month of July 2020, Pope Francis asks everyone to pray that today’s families may be accompanied with love, respect and guidance.
“The family ought to be protected.
It faces many dangers: the fast pace of life, stress…
Sometimes, parents forget to play with their children.
The Church needs to encourage families and stay at their side, helping them to discover ways that allow them to overcome all of these difficulties.
Let us pray that today’s families may be accompanied with love, respect and guidance, and especially, that they may be protected by the State.”