We have set up this page to keep you up to date with the information we receive.
According to government regulations, there is a limit of 50 people who may gather indoors at one time. That limit applies for any kind of gathering, so until further notice we can only accommodate 50 people inside the Church at a time. Once we reach that number doors will be closed. We would appreciate your patience and understanding.
Mass will still be viewable on webcam. To participate spiritually visit the parish website www.gardinerstparish.ie and click on the webcam button; then press the play button.
Let us pray for each other and victims of this virus worldwide,
Fr. Gerry Clarke SJ
The following protocols were set to minimize the risks of contagion in the Church. We would appreciate strict adherence to these protocols for your own safety and out of respect for others.
- PEOPLE WHO ARE ILL SHOULD NOT ATTEND RELIGIOUS SERVICES.
If you feel unwell with symptoms of COVID-19 (e.g. cough, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, high temperature) please do not visit the Church.
- Please do your best to respect physical distancing and not to block doors when entering and leaving the Church.
- Sanitize your hands on entry. Sanitation stations are placed at the entrances of the Church and of the Parish Shop. Remember that hand sanitizer can be flammable, so ensure that your hands are completely dry before lighting candles.
- The practice of shaking hands on greeting and departure at religious services/ gatherings is suspended for both religious leaders/clergy and laity.
- For Holy communion please queue in the central aisle and maintain physical distancing while queuing. Please wait in the spots marked on the floor until the person ahead of you moves forward.
- Holy Communion will be administered into the hands only and NOT onto the tongue.
- Respiratory Hygiene: Cover your mouth and nose with a clean tissue when you cough and sneeze and then promptly dispose of the tissue in a bin and wash your hands. If you don’t have a tissue, cough, or sneeze into the bend of your elbow instead, not into your hands.
- It is advisable to wear face masks while in the Church.
- Please leave pews by left hand side and exit through central doors only. We would appreciate that you leave the Church promptly after Mass because doors will be closed after each Mass in order to sanitize the Church.
Thanks for your understanding and cooperation
Order of Prayer with the Sick and Housebound
First Friday calls
Many dioceses have cancelled all First Friday calls. The Episcopal Conference has prepared an “Order of Prayer with the Sick and the Housebound for use on the First Friday and Other Occasions” which can be conducted by personal telephone call.