Safeguarding & Child Protection in Our Parish
We in the Parish of Gardiner Street value and encourage the participation of children and young people in all parish activities that enhance their spiritual, physical, emotional and social development.
We recognise the dignity and rights of all children and are committed to ensuring their protection and support.
In keeping with this we will work to do all in our power to create safe environments for children and young people in order to secure their protection and enable their full participation in the life of the Church.
Core Procedures for working with Children and Young People.
Our Parish undertakes to have the following in place:
- Procedures for recruitment of adult leaders working with young people.
- A Code of Behaviour, for children and young people to deal with any disciplinary issues arising during group activities.
- Specific guidelines for all away trips including pilgrimages, day trips and incentive events.
- These will be made known to the young people, leaders and parents/guardians by means of information sessions.
- Guidelines for the use of Photography at Church Events
- A clearly communicated Accident/Emergency plan.
- A training programme for all adult volunteers in the areas of “Child Protection” and “Health and Safety”.
- Adequate record keeping processes.
- Detailed Participation forms including
- Signed Parental consent for each young person
- Contact information for parents/guardians
- Medical information and treatment permission as appropriate for all young people
- Incident/Accident report forms
- Programme/attendance records
- Volunteer Application forms
- Training records for Child Protection and Health & Safety sessions
Role of the Child Protection Team
- A designated Child Protection Team is assigned to deal with any “Child Protection” concerns and/or complaints raised by young people, adult volunteers or parents/guardians
We greatly appreciate your cooperation in helping the Parish implement its Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy
Parish’s Safeguarding Team
Fr Gerry Clarke SJ
Fr Richard O’Dwyer SJ
Ms Maria Dillon Kelly
Designated Liaison Persons for the Archdiocese of Dublin Child Safeguarding & Protection Service
Mr. Andrew Fagan (Director of the Child Safeguarding)
Ms. Julie McCullough (Child Protection Officer), please call 01-836 0314
Other Relevant Contacts
Local Garda Station: 01-666 8600